Saturday, August 10, 2013

Voyager Home Decor Box

Morning lovely readers!

I'm so happy today to share a project I've been working on here and there for the past 5 days!! It's the most serious paper project I've done until now in general. I would also like to emphasize, that this is not an altered box, it was created completely from scratch, each chipboard part was cut by me with a craft knife, attached to another one and so on :)

I've seen a video by Kathy Orta on YouTube and loved it. I had to make myself this Voyager Box!
So I purchased the tutorial (available here), followed the instructions video (there are 9 parts of them) and came up with the result which I'm pretty proud of :)

Here is my Voyager Box (in a white variation). The papers are from DCWV "Dear Jane" 12" X 12" stack.









The box is quite big and heavy and what I need to do now - is find a place to put it on my table :)

Challenges:
1. Art Deco @ Eclectic Ellapu
2. Aperture @ My Time To Craft (there are window frames for photos on the box's doors)

Thank you all for visiting!

13 comments:

  1. Alexandra you are INCREDIBLE!; is magnific. Also your work likes like pure perfection a many attempt to the little details....and only 5 days to make IT?; wow I can,t beleve. if I had to do it so I'm indecisive and slow ......CONGRATULATIONS. Display it with PROUD. Elena. (my english is so limitted to explain how magnific are the things that you do; sorry that).

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow...Alex that is awsome, I love your creation. ....and so many lovely small rooms - thats what we all love.
    In fact I love all your creations - you are one talented crafter.
    Hugs
    Pialine xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous hun. Thank you for sharing with us over at Eclectic Ellapu. This would also fit my challenge blog over at ALTERED ECLECTICS.
    http://alteredeclectics.blogspot.co.uk/
    Elaine aka Ellapu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Elaine! But this is not an altered project!! It was made completely from scratch!

      Delete
    2. That does not matter as our blog over at Eclectic Ellapu is any form of projects xx

      Delete
  4. וואוו אלכסנדרה זה מהמם!
    כל הכבוד על הסבלנות וההשקעה!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This box is amazing! I'm so glad you shared it with us at My Time To Craft!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gracious, this is simply stunning Alexandra. The work you have put in is incredible!!! You are amazingly talented, I admire your willingness to adventure and create to perfection. Bravo!
    Hugs,
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  7. מדהים!! פשוט מדהים!! כל כך יפה ומדויק. אהבתי מאוד

    ReplyDelete
  8. That box is amazing!!! Not sure I'd have the patience to make a box that complicated from scratch! Gorgeous job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A stunning project Alexandra. Love all of the design detail.
    Laine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Amazing work and so gorgeously creative!! Love it - thanks so much for sharing this at Eclectic Ellapu :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You should be proud of this masterpiece! It's gorgeous and beautifully constructed.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the kind comments!