Friday, August 2, 2013

Mini Album - Sweet Memory

Update from the 16/08/13 - This album was chosen in TOP5 @ Fussy and Fancy Challenge.


Hello bloggers!

We have a new challenge for you over at the Totally Paper Crafts Challenge Blog, and the theme is "Inspired by a Song".

I prepared another mini album, and was inspired by a very simple and unpretentious song by Melody Gardot - "Sweet Memory". About Melody herself you may read here.

So, here's the album:


The papers I used are from 2 paper pads (both of them 6X6):
1. Botanical by Prima.
2. Alla Prima by Prima.




All the measurements for the album covers and pages were taken from an absolutely amazing series of tutorials by Ginger AKA MySistersScrapper.

Here are close-up shots of the cover:








On the inside pages I used lots of magnets, so all the flaps stay in place, until you decide to open them.




On the very first page there's a waterfall add-on:


Each of the pages is a pocket, and has a photo mat inside:







On this page I've a added a double slider with additional tag inside of the frame:





 

The next page also has a frame with an acetate window:



On the following pages there's a kind of mirror layout:


Both of the pages have frames for pictures:



 After opening the magnetic flaps:


Once again a mirror layout, with additional frames:






On the last page I've added this cute element with a string opening (Ginger explains how to do that too);




On the inside of the back cover I've glued a pocket, filled it with 4 journaling tags and 2 small envelopes. The pocket is embellished with punched hearts string and stamped letters:




The back is simple:

Yeah! I did it! :)
This one actually took me longer than usual, each of the pages were not finished on the same day :)

Hope you like this mini as well as I do :)

I would like to try my luck in these challenges:
1. 'M' is for @ Alphabet Challenge (my album is a Mini one and it has a Mini Doily die cut on the front cover)
2. Challenge 94 More than one Fold @ Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenge

Thanks for visiting! Have a lovely day!

15 comments:

  1. WOW Alexanda; what a work of art! Really amazing, thanks for share sources. Congrats also for your recent TOP selections did I saw. Je,je.........Elena F.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alexandra I´m back to CONGRATS you. You´ve been selected top 5 with thin MAGNIFIC mini at Fussy and Fancy. Well done, TOTALLY DESERVED. Elena F.
      http://fussyandfancychallenge.blogspot.com.es/2013/08/challenge-94-featured-guest-design.html

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful creation Alexandra. Gorgeous.

    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is sooo gorgeous, do beautiful! I just love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. איזה אלבום מושקע! משהו!

    ReplyDelete
  5. אלבום מקסים
    כל הכבוד על הסבלנות לצלם ולהעלות כל כך הרבה תמונות.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Alexandra, flippin heck girl, wow so many wonderful details each page so different. Fab colours and papers and what a super gift of memories to give to someone.
    Hugs Sue W.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is superb my dear friend. I am totally fascinated by all these gorgeous pages, such a work of art. Thanks for another inspiration, it makes me smile.
    Have a lovely day.
    Hugs, Katie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow, what a stunning project, so much work, but so worth it. I love the papers and embellishments, I've never come across a Prima stack I didn't like! Thanks for joining us at Fussy and Fancy xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your 'mini' album is absolutely stunning, Alexandra and perfect for our 'Micro/Mini' challenge over at the Alphabet Challenge. Thanx for sharing with us, hun.
    Hugz, Jan (DT) xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. A stunning piece of art work, you must have spend weeks making this. A great achievement, I hope you get many visitors to your blog to see this remarkable crafted project. Excellent. Thanks for sharing with us at Alphabet Challenges. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations you've been hand picked in our Top 5 over at Fussy and Fancy :-) Please pop over to the challenge blog to pick up your top 5 badge for your blog.

    xx Sazzle xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Alexandra, I absolutely love this! Great colors, lovely pockets and sentiments, ribbons sticking... Love it! :)
    Have a nice day...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the kind comments!