Friday, August 16, 2013

A Tag

Hi there!

It's time for a new challenge at Totally Paper Crafts!! The current theme is "Use your favorite colors". I don't know what about you, and whether you know exactly which colors are your favorite. In craft world it  may actually be a problem to decide, because so many things may depend on a crafter's mood, feelings and even an outside weather :)

I decided "to go with the flow". I took out my Distress Ink Pads and let myself choose a couple of them without going through a long and deep thinking process. After I chose the colors, the idea of what I'll be creating came by itself and after some time working, I ended up with this tag:


Now I wonder, are these my favorite colors or actually the rainy weather outside influenced my color picks :)
Overall, the color combination seems to me pretty fine, although this tag is completely out of the type of projects I usually do. But, hey! Isn't it the purpose of creating? Exploring yourself and finding out different sides of your "talent"? :)

Here are several more close-ups:


On the pictures here, that white gesso chicken wire looks completely white, as I'm looking at right now, but in reality I've applied over it a Vintage Photo ink, so it's not that bright :)

That will be all for today! I hope you'll join the challenge and share with us your projects, in which you use YOUR favorite colors.

Have a wonderful day and thank you so much for stopping by!

Challenges:
1. Anything Goes (with a twist of Vintage) @ 7 Kids Challenge Blog
2. Use piece of Metal @ My Heart Pieces
3. Anything but a Card @ Delightful Challenges
4. Anything Goes @ Challenges 4 Everybody
5. Anything Goes @ Crafty Calendar Challenge
6. Anything Goes @ Crazy Challenge

14 comments:

  1. wonderful tag! I love the colors a lot!!! Goes really nice for men too

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous sweetie. Gorgeous colours and layout.

    Have a good weekend.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh, I love this colors and different textures! Amazing !

    ReplyDelete
  4. THis is an amazing beautiful...so struggle with all these different textures..you did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! This tag is just stunning!Thanks for participating in the www.7kidscollegefund.com challenge!

      Delete
  5. A beautiful tag. I love all thos layers.
    Anat

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are right indeed, our mood affects our creativity. This tag is gorgeous, full of details and texture. It is awesome how you can pick up the colors and go with the flow.
    Happy crafting!
    Hugs, Katie

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have discovered your talent with this tag! I love it and the layers of images and colors are perfect. It is gorgeous.
    Hugs Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Alexandra, this is fabulous. Love the colours and those stamps are super, love how all this has come together.
    Hugs Sue W.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely tag, well done! Thanks for joining us at The Crazy Challenge.

    groetjes, Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a gorgeous Tag. Thank you for joining us at MY Heart Pieces Challenge. Marlene DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great tag. Lovely image. Thanks for joining our Anything but a Card Challenge at Delightful Challenges.

    ~~Chris
    DC-DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Calendar Challenge blog!! Hope to see you join us again… we just started a new challenge today!! Kimberly DT – Paper Munch Designs

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the kind comments!