Monday, April 1, 2013

Tilda As A Butterfly

Hello everybody!

Now, that I'm a housewife, I'll be frequently showing you new cards and other things I'm making :)
Today I have a Magnolia card to share. I used a 'Tilda as Butterfly' stamp and it belongs to a rather old Magnolia collection of 2009, which was called "Chasing Butterflies". But who said that we always have to run after the new stamps, right? :)


Copic colors I used were as follows:
Hair: W1, W3, W5, W7
Skin: E000, E00, E21, E11, R11
Dress: Y11, Y15, Y17, Y38
Shoes & Pants: W0, W2, W4, W6
Wings: R000, R00, R11, R20 + R81, R83, R85, R89

To tell you the truth, I'm not very pleased with how the wings turned out, so what is left is to hope that practicing on other images will improve my skill :)

The layout is based on the sketch offered by MDUC blog:


And this was my interpretation of it:








I'm entering this card into the following challenges:
1) MDUC - Challenge #190 Sketch
2) The Ribbon Girl - Add Flowers
3) Crafty Ribbons Challenge - Anything Goes with Ribbon
4) Magnolia-licious - Spring Blossoms
5) Stamp & Create - Use at least 1 Die
6) 613 Avenue Create - Anything Goes with Flowers
7) Sweet Stampin' - Oh So Girly!
8) Simon Says Stamp & show - Anything Goes
9) Marvellous Magnolia - Wings
10) Lovely Hanglar or Sweet Magnolia - Butterflies or Things That Flutter
11) DL.ART - Spring
12) 7kidschallenge - Thing with Wings
13) Bunny Zoe's Crafts - Girly


Make sure to check these challenges and maybe enter your works too!
Have a wonderful day and be positive! :)

18 comments:

  1. This is so sweet. You did an awesome job coloring Tilda -- Such a beautiful card. Anyone would be thrilled to recieve this.
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday #106 Spring challenge, Have a Happy Easter
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is smashing, i love the Sketch too. Thanks for sharing at Sweet Stamping and good luck with the challenge. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! simply smashing!! Even the back of the card looks so great. I am glad you'll have more time to create now and share with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab card! Love the zingy colours.

    Thank you for sharing with us at Sweet Stampin this week, Wedgie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card. Love the colors. I have to agree with you...why does everyone run after the newest stamps when we all have such beautiful ones from just a couple of years ago. I have Magnolia stamps that I've never colored that are older yet still gorgeous images. I love your interpretation of the sketch and it's obvious you love cardmaking. This card is beautiful and the edge all around it is gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at the Sweet Stampin' Challenge! --Gail

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love Your Card It Is Gorgeous! Looove The Colours! I Think Your Wings Look Pretty Good To Me! Good Luck In The Comp>

    ReplyDelete
  7. A real pretty card, thanks for sharing at MDUC
    HUGZ Fleur xXx

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! Awesome colouring! I love the colour combo you have chosen ...my favorite! I can't believe the detail you have put into this card...amazing work! Thanks so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card inside and out!! Thanks for joining us at marvelous magnolia's
    hugs
    laney

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! I love everything about this card. Your coloring is awesome and your design inside and out is perfect. I would so love to case this card. Thanks for stopping by the neighborhood and playing with us at 613 Avenue Create.

    Lesia
    DT Member
    I would like to invite you to visit my personal blog at:
    http://memascrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning, just beautiful! Amazing job! Thanks for visiting us at 613 Avenue Create.

    ReplyDelete
  12. כרטיס מקסים
    אני רואה שכבר התרגלת לחיים בסינגפור, מקווה שאת נהנת שם.
    עינת

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely card - we still use that stamp ourselves - thanks for joining in with the Ribbon Girl Magnolia Only challenge, Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my goodness!! I think the wings turned out beautifully!! I adore the colors on this!! Honestly,...a beautiful job! Thank you so much for joining the Magnolia-licious Wee Stamps Challenge!! :)
    Sheri Willshire

    ReplyDelete
  15. So many wonderful details on your card and the wings look great! Great job on your card! So glad you could join us for the Magnolia-licious and Wee Stamps Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very pretty card and love your coloring and designing:) Thank you for playing at http://7kidschallengeblog.blogspot.com. Hugz Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  17. One of my fave stamps! This is gorgeous!! Thank you for joining in our "Things with Wings" challenge at http://7kidschallengeblog.blogspot.com/! Hugs, Rosie :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the kind comments!